|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||The Chester House as the Federal Army left it at Northeast Corner, Hamilton and King Streets, Dalton, Ga. Home of William Patterson Chester, the grandfather of Mrs. Susan Reese Harris Allen, Mother of Mary Ruth Allen Thomas, William Harris Allen and Ivan Earnest Allen.|
Dalton, ca. 1865. Chester House which was located at the corner of Hamilton and King Streets. This is how it looked after Union forces had moved out of it during the Civil War. The hotel was later demolished. It had been built by William Patterson Chester.
|Types:||Photographs | StillImage|
|Subjects:||Hotels--Georgia--Dalton | Architecture--Georgia--Dalton | Armed Forces--Georgia--Dalton | United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 | United States, Georgia, Dalton, 34.769802, -84.970223 | United States, Georgia, Whitfield County, 34.8056116, -84.9672206|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:wtf023|