|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of Masonic hall, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia, not after 1921 Feb. 13]|
Sandersville, before Feb. 13, 1921. Masonic hall located on Haynes Street at the southwest corner of the square was built ca. 1855-1856. It was the only public building spared from burning by General William T. Sherman during the Civil War. About 1909 the lower floor was utilized as the public library begun by the Transylvania Club. On Feb. 13, 1921 the structure was destroyed by fire and about 7000 volumes in the library were lost, too.
|Types:||Photographs | StillImage|
|Subjects:||Libraries--Georgia--Sandersville | Architecture--Georgia--Sandersville | Clubs--Georgia--Sandersville | United States, Georgia, Washington County, Sandersville, 32.9815431, -82.810138|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:was433|