|Click here to view the item|
|Creator:||Howard, Bettie W. (age 10 years, 8 months)|
|Title:||Female College, LaGrange, Troup County, Georgia|
LaGrange, Feb. 5, 1853. View of the Thomas Stanley Building, which first housed LaGrange Female Academy from 1836 to 1843. It was located at 406 Broad Street and was named in honor of the academy's first principal. The academy started in 1831. Over the years it has has several names and has become coeducational. Today it is known as LaGrange College.
|Types:||Drawings (visual works) | StillImage|
|Subjects:||Universities and colleges--Georgia--LaGrange | Architecture--Georgia--LaGrange | Education--Georgia--LaGrange | United States, Georgia, LaGrange, 33.036222, -85.032244 | United States, Georgia, Troup County, 33.0335104, -85.0283368|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:trp086|